Filed under Student Fiction

Mr. Mouse

Once upon a time there was a mouse named Mr. Mouse. Mr. Mouse lived inside the Learning Commons at St. Philip the Apostle School. His house was behind the Realistic Fiction books where he could stay hidden, but still watch the television. Here is how a normal day in the life of Mr. Mouse would go. Mr. Mouse woke up at 4:00 am and left his house behind the Realistic Fiction books to scavenge for food. He usually found food from students’ lunches on the stairway.  After eating, her would scramble up to the first grade classrooms and get a drink of water from the new water fountains. Then he would head back to the Learning Commons at around 5:00 am. Then, Mr. Mouse would pick out a new book to read such as, The Land of Stories, or his favorite, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. After reading for about two hours, Mr. Mouse would scramble back to his house and wait for students to come to class. When Ms. Natalie and Ms. Melissa would teach a class, Mr. Mouse would hide behind the nonfiction books to watch the lesson. Some days he would learn about Destiny Quest, other times, Falcons Fables. After the school day was over, Mr. Mouse would go on the computer and watch funny cat videos on youtube.

One day, Mr. Mouse was logging into a computer to watch videos, when he heard the door of the learning commons click. He turned his head around and saw the doorknob turn. In panic, Mr. Mouse turned off the computer and scurried behind a stack of books. A student came in a dropped off a book in the book drop. “Whew”, thought Mr. Mouse, “That was close”. Then all of a sudden, more students started coming in with their books. “That’s strange” thought Mr. Mouse, “the school day is over. Mr. Mouse was left even more confused when Ms. Natalie came in and started teaching class. Mr. Mouse hurried to his house to hide, although, he was stilled dumbfounded. Then it hit him, Today was Tuesday, school didn’t end until 3, but he thought it was Monday and school ended at 2. Silly Mr. Mouse.