Filed under Sports

MLB World Series

© Kyodo News via Getty Images

© Kyodo News via Getty Images

Last week we witnessed the first game of the 2017 World Series. The two teams that are facing  each other in the World Series are the Houston Astros and the Los Angeles Dodgers. The last time the Astros were in the World Series was in 2005, and got swept 4-0. The last time the Dodgers were in the World Series was in 1988! Throughout the season the Dodgers dominated with the help of Cody Bellinger, Clayton Kershaw, and many others, and ended up winning 104 games, the story is different than the Astros. The Astros were led by Jose Altuve and won 101 games. The first game was crazy, if you were a Dodgers fan! The first pitch of the game for the Astros was a homerun for Chris Taylor! The Dodgers dominated the game and won 3-1. The second game was very close and exciting the Astros scored 2 runs in the 8th and 9th innings off the Dodgers closer to tie the game forcing extra innings where the Astros won 7-6. The Astors dominated the beginning of game 3 and the Dodgers could never catch up resulting in a Astros win which gave the Astros the 2-1 series lead. During game four neither teams scored until the sixth inning, the Astros scored first but in the ninth inning the Dodgers scored 5 runs resulting in a win to tie the series at 2-2. Game 5 was a back and forth battle the whole game in the first inning the Dodgers would take a 4-0 lead but the Astros battled back scoring 4 runs in the 4th inning off of Kershaw and again in the 5th down 3 the Astros tied it up again scoring 3 more runs. The game ended up going 10 innings where the Astros won 13-12 on a walk off single by the rookie Alex Bregman. In game 6 the Dodgers won 3-1 on a couple of late runs by the Dodgers which forced a game seven at Dodgers Stadium. In game 7 the Astros scored early going up 5 runs in the first couple of innings including a two-run home run by George Springer. The Dodgers had many chances to get back in the game but just could not score, which lead to a Astros 5-1 win. Making the Houston Astros the World Series Champions for the first time in their franchise’s history. George Springer the centerfielder of the Houston Astros was named the World Series MVP.