Filed under Sports

Super Bowl 52 Review

This year’s NFL Super Bowl was played in the U.S Bank Stadium, and was played between the New England Patriots and the Philadelphia Eagles, this game was played on February 4th. The Super Bowl is the championship game of the NFL, and is between two teams, out of 32. The NFL season consist of the pre-season, the regular season, and the playoffs. In last year’s Super Bowl the New England Patriots defeated the Atlanta Falcons, and look to do the same in this year’s Super Bowl.

This year’s National Anthem was performed by the artist P!nk. The game was started by the New England Patriots kicking the ball to the Philadelphia Eagles. On their first possession, the Eagles were destined to score, after getting first down after first down, they looked unstoppable. The Eagles ended up kicking a field goal and giving the ball to the Patriots. The Patriots did the exact same thing as the Eagles and marched down the field and scored with a field goal. At the end of the first quarter the score was 9-3 and the Eagles were leading. In the second quarter the Eagles scored two touchdowns but failed the two point conversion, and the Patriots scored a touchdown and a field goal. The Eagles led 22-12 at halftime. Justin Timberlake performed during halftime with his new album “Man of the Woods” and songs he wrote in the past. In the third quarter the Patriots scored two touchdowns and the Eagles only scored one. At the start of the fourth quarter the Eagles were leading 29-26, but the Patriots ended up scoring a touchdown and took their first lead of the game. The Eagles would go on a long drive and end up scoring a touchdown, with 2:13 seconds left. Tom Brady and the Patriots were becoming desperate. The Patriots were sacked by the Eagles on the second play of their drive. The Patriots would end up throwinf a hail mary with zeroes on the clock but could not cathc the ball. This Eagles win was their first Super Bowl in franchise history and Nick Foles won Super Bowl MVP.

This year’s Super bowl was very exciting and shows that there is a bright future of the NFL.

About the Writer
Luke Mendez, Contributor

Luke Mendez is an eighth grader is Mrs Bello's 8B class. He likes to play football, water polo, soccer, and run track and cross country. He likes to go...