Filed under Learning

Living Stations of the Cross

Throughout the season of Lent, the entire school has been attending the Stations of the Cross every Friday. Since it is almost Easter, the next Stations of the Cross will be a little bit different. The 8th grade students will act out each station as the station is being read aloud. Each student will play a special role in this performance, and the students can either be a Jesus, Mary, Veronica, a soldier, one of the three women of Jerusalem, John, Pontius Pilate, a part of the crowd, or a reader. There are two seperate casts, one for 8A and the other for 8B. The students of 8A will perform stations 1-7, and the students of 8B will perform stations 8-14. In 8A Jesus will be played by Azer Bitanga, Veronica will be played by Maria Wojcik, Mary will be played by Mary Sayer, Pontius Pilate will be played by Mark Valenzuela. Simon will be played by Ben Rowe, and the soldiers will be played by Vince Ciampa and Pierce Clarkson. In 8B, Jesus will be played by David Morales, Mary will be played by Ashlee Dubb, the soldiers will be played by Colin Smith and Dominic Paine, the women of Jerusalem will be played by Ryan Garvey, Alexis Perez, and Mariacatherine Hampton, and John will be played by Ethan. The students that are left will either read or be a part of the crowd. The passages being read at the the Living Stations were actual reflections written by students, and these students can either choose to read their reflection or have someone else read it for them. The 8th grade students will do a fantastic job, and a big thank you to Mrs. Hedgpeth for organizing this.

About the Writer
Grace Brewer, Contributor
Grace Brewer is 13 years old, and is in Mrs. Bello’s 8B class. She has attended Saint Philip’s since kindergarten, and really enjoys being able to see her friends, and attend the school. Grace enjoys playing volleyball, and running track. Her two favorite subjects are, science and math, and her favorite thing to do in...