Filed under Sports

College Football

Last week the 2018-2019 college football season started. Like last year, there were a few highly anticipated matchups this year. One of the more exciting gamers were #8 The Notre Dame Fighting Irish vs #21 The Michigan Wolverines. Notre Dame started off really well and was able to control most of the game-winning 24-17, despite the Wolverines effort. One game that many fans thought was going to be a little closer turned out to be a massive blowout. #1 The Alabama Roll Tide dominated The Louisville Cardinals 51-14. Despite, the Roll Tide’s quarterback controversy between the College Football National Championship hero, Tua Tagovailoa and former starter Jalen Hurts, the Tide were looking very good. Another exciting game was between the #22 Miami Hurricanes and #11 LSU Tigers, however, the outcome was unexpected. The LSU Tigers stunned the Miami Hurricanes 33-17 and moved up in the AP poll. Another highly anticipated game was between #9 Washington and #7 Auburn. This game was very close throughout the whole game, but Auburn was able to win 21-16. Another game that was highly anticipated did not go well for one team. #12 Virginia Tech faced off against The Florida State Seminoles, and the Hokies dominated the game and 24-3. All the hype surrounding the Seminoles returning quarterback  Deondre Francois soonly faded after their loss. There were many games to start off week 1 and there is much more to come in this season.

About the Writer
Luke Mendez, Contributor
Luke Mendez is an eighth grader is Mrs Bello’s 8B class. He likes to play football, water polo, soccer, and run track and cross country. He likes to go to UCLA football and basketball games. His favorite NBA team is the Oklahoma City Thunder. His favorite NBA players are Russell Westbrook, Zach Lavine, Kevin love,...