Filed under Sports

NFL Kickoff

Back to Article
Back to Article

NFL Kickoff

After 6 months, the NFL season has finally started. The season started with a very anticipated matchup between the Philadelphia Eagles and the Atlanta Falcons. Last year, the Philadelphia Eagles won the Super Bowl and are looking to do it again this year. This game was very close from the start of the game but the Eagles were able to defeat the Falcons, thanks to their running back Jay Ajayi scoring two touchdowns in the second half. The Cincinnati Bengals were able to defeat the Colts 34-23, and the Baltimore Ravens demolished the Buffalo Bills, 47-3. Another very good game was between the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the New Orleans Saints. Many fans believed the Saints would win this one because of the absence of Buccaneers Qb Jameis Winston. However, the Buccaneers were able to shock the Saints and win 48-40. The Buccaneers were led by veteran QB Ryan Fitzpatrick who had 417 yards and 4 touchdowns. The New England Patriots were also able to get a 27-20 victory over the Houston Texans, and the Minnesota Vikings were also able to beat the San Francisco 49ers. Two other close games were between the Miami Dolphins who beat the Tennessee Titans 27-20 and the Jacksonville Jaguars who beat the New York Giants. A shocking result came in the game between the Cleveland Browns and the Pittsburgh Steelers. The Browns were able to take this game into overtime and tie with the star-studded Steelers. This has been the best start to a Browns season since 2004. There were many other games to start week 1 and there is much more to come. 

http://www.nfl.com/schedules

About the Writer
Luke Mendez, Contributor

Luke Mendez is an eighth grader is Mrs Bello's 8B class. He likes to play football, water polo, soccer, and run track and cross country. He likes to go...