Filed under News

Los Angeles Rams

Back to Article
Back to Article

Los Angeles Rams

The Los Angele Rams are now in their second year under their young head coach, Sean Mcvay. Last year the Rams were very impressive and were able to go 11-5. The Rams were eliminated in the first round of the first round of playoffs that year. This year the Rams acquired a ton of new talent. The Rams got cornerbacks Aqib Talib and Marcus Peter via trade. The Rams also got defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh and wide receiver Brandin Cooks from trades. The Rams also resigned their star running back Todd Gurley III and their star defensive tackle Aaron Donald. All of these additions have paid off so far, with the Rams being 4-0. In their first game, the Rams went against the Raiders. The Rams started off slow but with help from a late pick-six by Marcus Peters the Rams were able to win 33-13. In their second the Rams were absolutely unstoppable. They were able to dominate the Arizona Cardinals 34-0. In this game the Ram defense allowed the Cardinal offense get to Ram territory once. Their third game was against the Los Angeles Chargers. In the “Battle for LA”, the Rams got off to a lead and kept it for the whole game. The Rams won this game 35-23 and were led by quarterback Jared Goff who threw for 300 yards for the second straight game. The Rams then played on Thursday night against the Minnesota Vikings. Last year, the Rams faced the Vikings 24-7. This year the Vikings started off slow but they are still a very good football game. This game was a total shootout with both teams scoring left and right. In the first quarter, both teams were able to score a touchdown. However, in the second quarter, the Rams started to score a lot. The score at halftime was 28-20 with the Rams leading. In the third quarter, the Rams scored ten points and the Vikings scored eight. In the fourth quarter, neither team could move the ball and the Rams ended up winning 38-31. The Rams have been doing very well and have hoped of making it to the Super Bowl.

If you would like to see the Rams full schedule click on the link below.

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2018/REG/RAMS

About the Writer
Luke Mendez, Contributor

Luke Mendez is an eighth grader is Mrs Bello's 8B class. He likes to play football, water polo, soccer, and run track and cross country. He likes to go...