Filed under Student Fiction

The Pumpkin Patch

The Pumpkin Patch

There once was a boy who lived by a pumpkin patch. He grew pumpkins all year round, big pumpkins and small pumpkins. This boy’s name was Peter. He was called by friends Pumpkin Peter. Pumpkin Peter had scarecrows in the pumpkin patch, as well as signs pointing to his big winning pumpkins. Peter was once working in the field, planting new pumpkins. He looked around to see his favorite scarecrow, who was a few feet away. Then, he continued to plant pumpkins, one never too close to the other. Peter turned around again, and his favorite scarecrow was closer too. Pumpkin Peter didn’t notice he was closer to him, but he thought the scarecrow was a little crooked. He turned around again,  finally sprinkling the last seeds. Pumpkin Peter turned around once again. Pumpkin Peter was surprised! His scarecrow was closer than ever. He stood up, finished with the pumpkin planting. He realized something was wrong with the scarecrow. Had the scarecrow had come to life? “Wait, no!” Peter said. He turned the scarecrow around. It was his friends who had hid and moved the scarecrow! “Hello, Pumpkin Peter!” They said. He was so surprised, realizing Halloween was today, his friends had come and while he thought they were away. He got so orange that day just because of that prank, that he turned into a pumpkin himself.

Image: https://www.google.com/search?biw=1366&bih=618&tbs=sur%3Afmc&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=lkPFW7TLHqXOjwTc-6aIBQ&q=Pumpkin+patch+farmer&oq=Pumpkin+patch+farmer&gs_l=img.3..0j0i30j0i8i30l4j0i24.12983.17217..17498…0.0..0.139.2688.0j22……1….1..gws-wiz-img…….0i67.9QQQ90m1uvk&safe=active&ssui=on#imgrc=ULO9d2KKRX7LMM:

About the Writer
Desiree Velasquez, Contributor

Desiree Velasquez is 13 years old and an 8th grader. She lives in Pasadena loves to draw, write, and play ukulele. She has went to St Philip the Apostle...