Filed under Opinion

What I Want Out Of The Next Rocksteady Game

Back to Article
Back to Article

Rocksteady is a great game developer, most well known for its work on the Batman: Arkham series. I happen to own all of the games, and I love them. The mechanics implemented into each one of them brings the games to life and makes you feel like YOU’RE Batman. The ingenuitive combat system makes every fight unique and incredibly fun. However, as of right now, we have almost no clue about what Rocksteady is currently working on. Below are what I want out of each game, and what I expect.

1. What We Know

We have virtually no idea what Rocksteady is working on. The main thing we do know is that it will not be a Superman game, which was stated by them last November. Most people speculate that they’re working on a DC game, however, we have no way of knowing for sure.

1. What I Think

I think that Rocksteady is probably working on a Justice League-based game, or another similar DC team. They might also be working on a solo game on another superhero, such as the Green Arrow (which would be awesome) or some other lone hero. Or, they could completely surprise us with a new IP. Who knows?

1. What I Want

I would really love for Rocksteady to make a game set in the Arrowverse. That would be awesome! It would be cool to be able to switch between Arrowverse superheroes, such as the Green Arrow (it’s called the ARROWverse), the Flash, Supergirl, the Legends of Tomorrow, or Batwoman (a new CW Batwoman show is in the works, and she will probably be added to the mainstream Arrowverse during the next CW season).

1. The Mechanics

I expect for the game to function similarly to the Arkham games, with heros having different fighting skills and gadgets (such as the Batarang and Batclaw in Arkham). The combat system will probably be similar to Arkham, with a base system functioning slightly differently for each hero.

1. The Specs

We currently have no way of knowing which generation of consoles the next Rocksteady game will be on. It is not certain if the game will be on current consoles or next-gen ones. However, if the new game looks anything similar to the Arkham games, you can know that you’re in for a visual treat.

1. When We Will Know

It is likely that Rocksteady will announce their next game at E3 2019. However, since they skipped the Game Awards, it is possible that they will wait a little more before announcing their game.

Rocksteady has been great at keeping their latest game a secret, and we will most likely have to wait at least until the summer to get word of what they’re working on. I can’t wait for their next game. What do you want it to be about? What do you want to see in it?

About the Writer
Arthur Camara, Contributor

Arthur Camara is in the 7th grade. He enjoys the Legend of Zelda, Fortnite, and the Flash. He likes writing about pop culture, technology, videogames,...