Filed under Sports

Super Bowl 53

Last week the Los Angeles Rams and New England Patriots squared off in Super Bowl 53. This is the Rams first Super Bowl appearance since 2000. Many fans thought this game was going to be an offensive show, however in the first half it was all about the defenses. The Patriots received the ball to start the game and their first drive was mostly composed of runs. On Tom Brady’s first throw of the game the Rams were able to intercept it. However, their offense was not able to capitalize on the opportunity. Neither team was able to score in the first quarter. In the second quarter, the Patriots started off with good field position but missed a field goal. Later in the quarter they would soon make a field goal. Heading into halftime, the Patriots led the Rams 3-0. This was the first time the Rams have been shutout in a half under Sean Mcvay and only had 57 yards of offense and 2 first downs. Maroon 5, Travis Scott, and Big Boi performed during the halftime show. The Rams received the ball to start the second quarter. The Rams wanted to get their star running back, Todd Gurley going. They had a decent opening drive, but could not score any points. After the Rams first 3 drives in the second half they began to gain momentum which resulted in a Rams field goal. The Patriots ended up scoring the first touchdown late in the fourth quarter. The Rams were close to scoring, but Jared Goff threw an interception down in the endzone. The Patriots would end up sealing the game with another field goal and won 13-3. This is now Tom Brady’s sixth Super Bowl ring. The Super Bowl MVP ended up being wide receiver, Julian Edelman. Yet again, the New England Patriots were crowned Super Bowl champions.

About the Writer
Luke Mendez, Contributor

Luke Mendez is an eighth grader is Mrs Bello's 8B class. He likes to play football, water polo, soccer, and run track and cross country. He likes to go...

1 Comment

One Response to “Super Bowl 53”

1. Joe Krasnowski on February 12th, 2019 1:23 pm

Nice article Luke!

*

• Super Bowl 53

Sports

NFL Free Agency

• Super Bowl 53

Sports

Andrew Whitworth returns to the Rams

• Super Bowl 53

Sports

School Basketball Update

• Super Bowl 53

Sports

MLB Spring Training Starting

• Super Bowl 53

Sports

NFL Championship Games

• Super Bowl 53

Sports

NFL Playoffs

• Super Bowl 53

Sports

NFL Update

• Super Bowl 53

Sports

NFL Football Update

• Super Bowl 53

Sports

2018 Flag Football Playoffs

• Super Bowl 53

Sports

Start of NBA Season

Super Bowl 53