Filed under Opinion

How the 5th Grade Curriculum helps get the 5th graders ready for Junior High

The fifth-grade curriculum is highly effective at educating and readying the fifth graders for Junior high. The fifth-grade curriculum is effectively balanced to include the basics of concepts that the fifth graders will use through all of junior high. Personally every day In eighth grade I use concepts that I learned in fifth grade. For example in Spanish class in fifth grade, we would learn basic family terms. Last week in eighth grade we started a new topic about the extensive portions of families. Another example is how fifth grade is currently learning how to edit commercials. In eighth grade, the Capstone project is mainly about creating a multimedia project involving editing. Another example of how the fifth-grade curriculum is highly effective at educating and readying the fifth graders for junior high is how in math the fifth graders are learning about coordinates and graphing. Every day in math I use the principles that I learned in fifth-grade math. The fifth-grade curriculum allows the fifth graders to be ready for junior high.

About the Writer
Joe Krasnowski, Contributer

Joe Krasnowski is a eighth grade student that enjoys walking and playing with his dog as well as play baseball in his free time. His favorite Sport is...