Filed under Opinion

Why the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim will be better than the Los Angeles Dodgers in 10 Years

The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim will be better than the Los Angeles Dodgers in 10 years. The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim today are only known for the having the best player in baseball, Mike Trout. Even though Trout doesn’t hit free agency until 2020 the Angels are working around the clock trying to keep Trout with the Angels. The proposed deal would be for 10 years and 350 million. However, the Los Angeles Dodgers currently have a lost future because of the immense packages that were put together by the Dodgers to trade for Manny Machado. The Dodgers hope was to win a World Series with Machado and that the future stars they gave up for Machado would be worth giving up for a World Series ring. However, the Dodgers lost a second straight World Series to the Red Sox. Since the Angels have young stars such as Jo Adell, Jahmai Jones, and Matt Thaiss their future is much more solidified than the Dodgers. The Dodgers in their trade for Manny Machado gave up prospects like Yusniel Diaz and Alfonso Soriano. In 10 years, Angel’s young stars will be in their prime years while still having some experience in the MLB. Since the Angels have stars that will have fully developed in 10 years, and the Dodgers will most likely be in a rebuilding period of their organization the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim will be better than the Los Angeles Dodgers in 10 years.

About the Writer
Joe Krasnowski, Contributer

Joe Krasnowski is a eighth grade student that enjoys walking and playing with his dog as well as play baseball in his free time. His favorite Sport is...