8th Graders Graduate

Speak about their thoughts on graduation.

As the Class of 2014 graduate from St Philip the Apostle and enter a new chapter of their lives, I decided to interview a few of them before the big day.

Are you excited or sad to leave St. Philip?

Elizabeth Nail- I’m kind of remorseful. I’ve spent nine years here. Not really in the mood to get thrown out into the big wide world.

Emma Marcussen- I am excited to move on to high school, but it is definitely a very sad time to leave my friends and teachers here at saint philips.

Caitlin Bury- I am ready to start high school and begin again. I will miss all my classmates and of course the amazing teachers!

Harrison Kelley- I am definitely excited to being going to a new school of 1200 students. I am always ready for a new adventure. I will miss the class of 2014 and our my wonderful teachers dearly.

When you walk down the aisle in your cap and gown, what emotions do you think are going to go through your head?

Elizabeth Nail- In the graduation practice, I was skipping down the aisle. I guess there wouldn’t really be a place for that on graduation day. I guess I’ll be scared to death.

Emma Marcussen- I do not even know what will be going through my head. I just hope I am not crying.

Caitlin Bury- I feel I might cry when I walk down the aisle or smile because I know I lived these nine years fully.

What is the most memorable moment you will cherish from St. Philip?

Elizabeth Nail- When I was in second grade, I was taught by a Mr. Ayala. (He left that year.) One day, a kid named Garrett Creedon put his feet up on the desk in front of him. As Garrett was an influential sort of child, the rest of the class soon followed suit. Mr. Ayala stopped, kind of glared at us, and then told us to knock it off and put our feet down.

During lunchtime of the same day, my classmate and I went over to use the restroom. The second grade classroom was right next to it, so we figured we’d take a look in.

And what to our wondering eyes did appear but Mr. Ayala, eating a salad in the back of the room, with his feet upon the desk!

We stared, and then suddenly he looked up and caught our gaze. With a jerk, he crashed he feet back down on the ground, dropping his salad in the process.

I don’t believe I’ve ever run so fast to a bathroom, ever.

Emma Marcussen- I will always remember my eighth grade year and the fabulous times I had.

Caitlin Bury- I have so many memories (I don’t remember them all) but one I have always loved was finding leprechauns in our first grade classroom on St.Patrick’s Day. I also loved building traps for them too. The leprechauns also gave us little socks with coins, I thought it was the coolest thing ever!

What will you miss most about St. Philip?

Elizabeth Nail- Everything but the homework!

Emma Marcussen-The fun traditions !

Caitlin Bury- I can’t really decide but I think I will miss the people the most, especially the people who influenced me and I was really close to.

Are you thrilled, ready, nervous, or any other emotion to start a brand new chapter in your life, going to high school?

Elizabeth Nail- Reluctant, I think. I don’t particularly want to begin anew. Too much effort.

Emma Marcussen- Thrilled and ready !!!!

Caitlin Bury- I am so excited for high school! I might be a little nervous for the first day of school but I can’t wait to try new things and meet new people

To the class of 2014–you will be missed dearly and we all will pray for you here at St. Philip!  Good Luck in High School!