The Michelin Guide

The Michelin Guide

Michelin is a company well-known for tires, and strangely enough, food!

The company publishes an annual guide that is considered highly prestigious in the culinary world.

The Michelin Guide originated in France and finally made it to America in the early 2000s in NY.

There have been dozens of Michelin-starred restaurants in the US, with many being in New York, San Francisco, and Los Angeles.

Those restaurants have earned anywhere from one to three Michelin stars, with three being the highest honor.

For those restaurants being considered for, or having received, the coveted “stars”, the food is part of an incredible dining experience.

Dinner often includes  multiple courses dedicated to one or two cultures.

The cost can reach $1000 for just 1 person, and dining can easily last over three hours.

The dishes served are elegantly plated and only use the freshest and highest quality ingredients, such as A5 wagyu beef (which means that there is an extremely high-fat content), duck foi gras, extremely high-quality eggs, caviar of the highest grade (from Russian Sturgeon eggs), and the finest and freshest vegetables and fish.

When combined, these dishes provide a complete (and expensive) dining experience that stands out among the highly-competitive world of chef-inspired restaurants.

For those select few restaurants earning a star (or two or three), it is the equivalent of winning the World Series, the Super Bowl, the World Cup, or an Oscar!