Filed under Sports

NBA Playoffs

The NBA playoffs started on Thursday, April 14th with four games to be played; two eastern conference games and two western conference games. There were a total of eight playoff series throughout the NBA, the four from the Western Conference were the Warriors and the Spurs, the Warriors won the series in five games the Warriors played the whole series without Steph Curry due to a injury. In the Blazers Pelicans series the Pelicans, the sixth seed, and the Blazers, the third seed, were surprisingly upset in a sweep by the Pelicans. The Rockets played the Timberwolves and the Rockets won the series in five games.  Finally, between the Thunder and the Jazz, the Jazz won the series in six games. In the Eastern Conference, the Cavs finished the year off and ended up as the fourth seed. They played the Pacers and were not expected to do well at all against the Cavs. The Cavs ended up winning the series in seven games. The Celtics and Bucks played and the Celtics are playing in the playoffs without Kyrie Irving and Gordon Hayward, their two best players. The Celtics ended up beating the Bucks in 7 games. The 76ers and Raptors also won their series. In the second round, the Warriors have won their series in five games over the Pelicans, the Rockets also have won their series in five vs the Jazz. The Cavs swept the Raptors in four games and the Celtics have won their series against the 76ers. The playoffs have been very exciting and will be very interesting.

For more information go to espn.com