The NBA’s In-Season Tournament – A Slam Dunk or an Air ball?

As most NBA fans know, the league is hosting an in-season tournament that concludes on December 9th.

It is a multi-stage tournament consisting of all 30 teams.

The 30 NBA teams were divided into six groups of five and teams played four games against the others in their group.

But, who will the winner be and how will it affect their rest of the season?   Those questions remain unanswered, as do questions some fans have regarding the point of the tournament itself.  

Most teams have already been eliminated and will continue on with their regular season, probably forgetting all about the tournament, if they have not already done so.

Only four teams remain, with the tournament semifinals set for tomorrow, December 7th.  In the first game, Indiana will face Milwaukee, while the evening game will have New Orleans facing the Los Angeles Lakers.  The winner of those games will meet for the tournament championship this Saturday.

What potential impact could winning this tournament have on the team that takes the title?

It’s difficult to determine that at the moment, but the team that wins will probably feel some level of additional confidence as they continue playing through the regular season.

For the fans of that team, they will have reason to show their pride (no matter how briefly) and perhaps pay 40.00 for a new shirt proclaiming their team “NBA Tournament Champions”. 

For the rest of teams that did not win the tournament, they probably won’t lose any sleep over their elimination, and their fans may not even remember their team played in the tournament.

Perhaps the only things most fans WILL remember are the wild colors and designs of the courts!