Drama Club Drama!

There is no questioning the controversy surrounding the topic of upcoming drama club projects.

What they are?

When they are?

Should students even try out?

Many feel great excitement when announcement season finally arrives… the clues are revealed and the puzzle pieces finally click into place.

However, some are disappointed too, having expected a different play or production, hoping this year was finally their year.

For those students in Drama Club, a recent question asked, “What do you want for next year’s drama productions?”

Knowing that answers to this question could be skewed by peer pressure, an online poll was created to target a random group of St. Philip the Apostle School drama enthusiasts, and the results were overwhelming.

The students are all mad, as the Mad Hatter would say, and they want Alice in Wonderland!

An overwhelming majority (70%) voted for this twisted tale of a curious young girl on her path through mysterious wonders to self discovery.

Alice takes an exciting journey to find her way home, but will Alice in Wonderland ever find a home at St. Philip the Apostle?

Only time and, of course,  Ms Natalie will tell!

Miss Natalie was recently asked to share some insight about her process and how our plays are chosen.

What she said might surprise some people.

One clue is that the plays tend to follow different themes.

For example, last year was classic fairy tales and this year explores modern fairy tales.

It is also important to Ms. Natalie to stage a wide variety of material.

As she explained, “I want to make sure I expose the student actors and the school community to a variety of theatre genres.”

No matter what the future holds, drama club will always be one of the most exciting memory filled, bonding experiences that students will forever hold in their hearts.

As Giselle LeDuff explained, “Drama club is a very fun and inspiring group. The productions always end up creating a bond among the cast, and they help build good friendships.Being in Drama Club helps students explore a new comfort zone and meet other people. ”

Giselle is not the only student who loves Drama Club.

Scarlet Yost summarized it best when she explained, “No matter what play or musical is chosen, it’s always fantastic.” 

View Comments (1)