The Kindergartners’ First Days of School

School is back in season! Every St. Philip’s student this year is getting a fresh new start in their assigned classes. 8th grade is getting a taste of the high school preparation flurry. As always the teachers continue to perfect their ways of shaping each student for the future.

Although each student comes back for a new school year and new adventures, we all know the drill. Perhaps the most interesting adventure at St. Philips is the Kindergarten Classes’! We captured a few moments of the kindergartners’ new lives, and they continue to show their amazing intrepidity and courageousness of their St. Philips careers.

We interviewed some kindergartners and asked them, what did they do and learn on their first day of school and what do they like and don’t like about it. The majority of them said that they don’t like waking up early from school. Believe us, you are not alone. For the rest of the school, the summer daze is still wearing off.

Amelie A. from KA, when asked what she liked about her kindergarten teacher, she said that Miss Aimee is nice and funny. She also added that she doesn’t like waking up early.

Grace L. from KB said that on the first day of school the kindergarteners played with each other. Grace likes playing in school and “it’s very fun”. But, Grace also doesn’t like waking up early for school. Valentino from KA enthusiastically announced that school is good and fun for him!

Gabriel from KB said that Falcon Nest is his favorite part of school and that he looks forward to going to Falcon’s Nest each day. He also said Mrs. Ramos is very nice. Edwin from KB said that on the first day of school, they made sure that everything is neat and organized in the classroom. He met the teacher, Mrs. Ramos. Edwin stated that the class learned how to draw a hummingbird in art class.

If you see the kindergarteners in the halls, don’t forget to greet them and get to know our baby Falcons! They gave great answers and are going to have a great kindergarten year!